Tuesday 4 June 2013

DJ set Framework Freepack

Hello fellow Ableton enthusiasts. One of the unique selling points of Ableton is that the session view can be utilised to create an ideal DJ environment, however, this can take time to set up. For this reason I have created a framework based on a 4 deck DJ set up. Each “deck” (audio track) is equipped with a macroed beat repeat, a low-pass filter, a high-pass filter and a ping pond delay. The decks are broken into left and right for the sake of adding a cross fader.

I use this as a beginning to most of my D'n'B or Dubstep sets, using midi controllers mapped to the effects and I usually add more tracks with atmospheric samples, drum loops and vocal hits but that all spawns from this framework which I have found most useful.


I hope that you can utilise this freepack and expand on its current features.


No comments:

Post a Comment